Rowville Primary School’s Beyond Boundaries Adventure Program provides every student with the opportunity to experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of their learning and personal and social development. During one week each November, each year level leaves Rowville Primary School to participate in different immersive adventures.
During one, three or five days off campus, students of all ability levels are coaxed from their comfort zone to their stretch zone through a range of exciting activities—kayaking, canoeing, surfing, hiking, circus skills, tree surfing,—all while building lasting confidence and teambuilding skills.
Through the Beyond Boundaries Adventure Program Rowville Primary School:
- Challenges students to deepen their communication and cooperation skills and build cohesiveness within their group;
- Facilitates activities that bolster judgment, independence and confidence;
- Helps students build respect and appreciation for the natural environment;
- Introduces “stretch zone” outdoor sports like kayaking, surfing, hiking, tree surfing and horse riding;
- Launches students into a lifetime of empowering outdoor adventure.
The Beyond Boundaries Adventure Program becomes more challenging as students move through the school:
- 1-Day Programs (Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2): The daylong adventure experiences have an emphasis on teambuilding and communication.
- 3-Day Programs with overnight stays (Year 3 and Year 4): Over the course of three full days, students spend between their days exploring different adventure sports and working together on a range of teambuilding activities
- 5-Day Program with overnight stays (Year 5 and Year 6): Students spend one thrilling week mastering the basics of adventure sports and deepening their teambuilding, problem-solving and leadership skills in a program especially developed for them.